Hello all you bloggers, this is Megan here. Want to do something that is fun and exciting, but don’t want to spend a ton of money? I will give you some ideas that can be done solo, with your sweetheart, or even with your little ones!
- Visit the local zoo, yeah the typical answer, but there are usually coupons throughout the year, so you just need to be on the watch!
- What is cheaper than free? Take an adventurous hike. Sounds bland, but you would be surprised. Plus you get that exercise in too!
- Throughout the year, there are many art festivals and museums that are usually really cheap or free. Check them out through your local newspaper or online.
- Who doesn’t like a free concert? You might be surprised when you ask your sweetheart to go to a concert instead of the usual dinner and overpriced movie. A lot of underground bands are super cheap, and don’t be discouraged if they are a no name, surprises are good!
- Most movie theaters have some sort of a classic series for an extremely low price. Taking advantage of these awesome deals, since most of them come with a package deal, can really save you money. The one in Salt Lake, is $30 for 6 movies that you can’t watch anywhere else!
- Want something fun to do with neighbors or friends? Instead of just going out to a restaurant and spending $20 a person, why not try a pot luck dinner? Have each family prepare one dish that serves everyone. It can be a fun way to entertain and save!
- On the topic of food, skip the restaurants and treat you and your sweetheart to a themed date night at your house. For instance, cook spaghetti and meatballs while sipping wine and watching Life is Beautiful. Cheap yet fun and interesting.
Hope these ideas have helped and/or have sparked some new and exciting things you could do instead of the usual over priced routine!