The 4th of July is right around the corner. We Americans love our fireworks and often fork out too much money to light up the night. Here are a few tips that will help you save money while still having a grand firework display:
- Buy from a reliable source – There are numerous reliable firework stands all across the valley. Big names such as Black Cat, Phantom, and TNT are known to be of good quality. Unfortunately, to save money, many shoppers will go to a lesser-known stand and often purchase inferior fireworks. Be careful where you buy.
- Purchase large assortment packs – Purchasing assortment packs is usually two to three times cheaper than purchasing individuals. These packs can even be found in big box retailers like Target or Walmart for even cheaper than the stand price. Be sure to look around for the best deal before you commit to buy.
- Ask for a product guarantee – If you do decide to purchase individual fireworks, make sure the seller has a product guarantee that the firework will work. Many reliable firework stands have this policy and will happily replace your dud, no questions asked.
- Beware bogus deals – More often than not, we see stands that say “Buy 1 Get 1 Free!” But some retailers will quietly double the price of a firework to make you think you’re getting a great deal when you’re actually not. In some cases, you may end up spending MORE on this “incredible deal.”
- Don’t buy fireworks at all – Skip the stands completely and take in a free firework show at a local venue. There are quite a few free shows going on throughout the valley this 4th so check them out! See http://saltlakecity.about.com/od/arts/tp/Salt-Lake-City-4th-Of-July-Events.htm for details of locations and times.