Hey everybody! I am Raynie one of the new interns at the PMMC! This is my first blog for you guys and I decided since I love vacations I would talk about a great way to save and budget for those of us who wanna go and get away!
First of all I wanted to say HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! I hope you guys all had a good day with your sweethearts or if you don’t have a sweetheart still had some fun! Anyone and everyone should love going on a vacation I don’t care who you are! Most of you guys are probably students like me and are going to have a spring break coming up or your just wanting to take your special someone somewhere like me!
Here are a few tips you can use to save for your vacation!
1) Start your planning early. If you are wanting to go somewhere that requires you to fly or buy a passport it is best to start planning sooner rather than later. Even if it is just driving you will need to save up some money separate from your planned budget for emergencies like taking a wrong turn that adds extra miles meaning more gas! You also can sometimes get better deals for hotels, airfare, and other things by planning far in advance.
2) Make a vacation savings account at your bank/credit union. This is something I have done for myself to help pay for tuition each semester. I just went to my bank and asked in my account for them to add a separate savings and titled it school. In this case you can do the same thing but with a title of vacations or something then each time you deposit a check you can add to it.
3) Give yourself an allowance before your vacation. By spending only the amount you give yourself to spend you stop yourself from impulse spending and only by things you really need and limit all the wants. By doing this you also are allowing yourself to have a set number to put away each month into your new vacation fund. It also really helps you see what you are spending your money on.
3) Start a layaway to help pay for your vacation. This is real! I have been looking myself for a vacation and many of the travel cites have started this. It is a way to pay for your vacation before you go on it. You can probably pay the amount you want for the amount of months you want. This keeps you from that large lump sum amount that forces many of us into using credit cards!
4) Do your homework. By this I mean for you to look for the vacation you want! Make sure if you are going to spend the money to get there it is everything you want it to be! Also by researching ahead of time this helps you from having to spend money on last minute fun time!
5) Save where you can! Things like packing your lunch everyday, riding the trax or walking rather than driving to school can really save you money. Why spend the extra money if you don’t have to? All those Mcdoubles that seem cheap only being $1.00 can really add up. Plus by doing these things you can also help your health! What is to lose just give it a try!
Well guys there is just a few quick tips that can help you have a fun spring break or an awesome summer. These things do not have to be used strictly for a vacation the same rules could apply for home buyers, new cars, or to spend on your sweetheart! Hope you guys had a good day thanks for reading! 🙂